Thursday, July 3, 2008

My review of the movie Vantage Point

I just wasted almost 90 minutes. I say almost 90 minutes because without the credits they could not even stretch it that far and that includes a car chase that seems to go on and on and on and on. They could have made a great film but misfired badly. With Forrest Whitaker, Sigourney Weaver, Matthew Fox, Dennis Quaid, William Hurt, and Bruce McGill they had a great cast and gave them nothing. Too bad. I was looking forward to watching this. This story of the attempted assassination of the president at a worldwide summit could have been a blockbuster. The only thing I liked about this was the attempt to make it different by going back to see the attempt from different character's vantage point. But even that was a problem because you could not get involved emotionally with the characters. Please avoid this movie

No comments: