Friday, July 11, 2008

my review for The Aristocrats

For Paul Provenza and Penn Jillette to even think a film about a really bad joke would work was insane. Guess what, not only did it work but it may have been the funniest movie ever. I have laughed before at films, Harold and Maude, Some Like it Hot, etc, but never as hard or as much as I did for this film. I was laughing so hard that I had to watch it again because I missed what was being said in the next scene.The joke does not make any sense and is not funny. What is funny are the different ways comedians remember it and their reflections and retellings of it. The highlights are George Carlin and Gilbert Gottfried. I have never been a Gottfried fan but his telling of the joke at the Friars Roast of Hugh Hefner is classic. Carlin makes up his own version of the joke on the spot and even though very disgusting is very funny. Even the normally "clean" Paul Reiser has a graphic and hilarious retelling of the joke.I had trepidations about watching this film. A 90 minute movie about a joke, right. But after seeing it I am glad I did and will be recommending to all my friends.

No comments: